Jon Schmieder, founder and CEO of Huddle Up Group, is among the most well-connected people in the sports tourism industry—but just because you see him everywhere doesn’t mean you know all there is to know about him. Here, he fills in the blanks on some pressing personal stats.
2. I never leave the house without ChapStick.
3. If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be anything cooked by chef Eric Klein at Spago Las Vegas.
4. Growing up, I was sure I would be an athletic director.
5. I know every word to the song “Rainbow Connection” by Kermit the Frog (written by Paul Williams).
6. If I could only watch one sport every day, it would be pro football.
7. My nickname in high school was Wishbone.
8. Next time the Olympics are in the U.S., they should be held in Denver (Winter and Summer back to back).
9. At a sports tourism conference, you can typically find me next to our clients.
10. I started the Huddle Up Group because I saw a need for better sharing of frontline experiences with the next generation of sports tourism and events leaders.